I have this little problem. Actually, it's a big problem. I crave Indian food all the time, but I never get to eat it because my girls won't touch anything with the least bit of spice in it. At two Ava used to down Dutch Goose deviled eggs, which are a little too spicy for me. Somewhere along the way she lost her love for spice, and Lilly never liked it.
So for those of you who eat lots of Indian, what do you recommend for little ones? If you ask the guy behind the counter, he insists that their whatever is not spicy at all. Not true. I'm starting to wonder if I'll just have to be satisfied giving them a rice and naan dinner every now and then so I can eat what I really want.
11 years ago
7 comments:
We ate Indian last night and the kids pretty much just had naan and rice. The restaurant also a mango shake-type thing that was a big hit.
take them to suraj in redwood city for the lunch buffet. they can have some rice, naan and makhani murgh. for dessert mango ice cream. wait, i'll go with you when i'm in town! this is how i converted lucy to indian food!
Hey mind.. check out this recipe.. my kids loved it.. and you can even do less curry if your worried. Warning.. it stains.
Maybe saag paneer (the creamy spinach with cheese) or butter chicken? The spiciness can vary so much...what's your favorite Indian place?
I have nothing to offer regarding Indian food, so sorry.
Can you please send me you email address so that I can add you to our list? We are going private on our blog. Thanks.
elisenorwood@yahoo.com
Palak paneer is my favorite non-spicy Indian dish. Although, getting kiddies to eat cooked spinach might be harder than getting them to eat the spicy curry.
Love your blog.
Suraj also gives a free beer with each lunch buffet. That might help them down the indian food.
Post a Comment