Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Grand Prix


Tyler is a Formula 1 junkie. I have reconciled myself to the fact that I will have to spend many a weekend listening to the vroom-vroom noise in my house for hours on end as he watches not only the actual races, but the practice and qualifying sessions. Horrifyingly, I have managed to pick up enough about the sport to know how the races work and the names some of the drivers. For example, I know that the hottest new racer is a guy from England named Hamilton who managed to be on the podium more times than anyone else in their rookie year. He races for McLaren along with Fernando Alonso, from Spain, who is the reining champion. I also know that one of the worst racers (and the only American) is Scott Speed, and he's from Modesto. So sad that I know this.

Now Tyler is passing his love of racing to his children. We went to the San Jose Grand Prix this weekend to watch the qualifying races. I have to admit, the noise of the cars alone was pretty spectacular. We even got to see a crash.

1 comment:

Sherine said...

i love the earplugs!!