Monday, May 7, 2007

Disney Extravaganza






Ava's been asking to go to Disneyland just about every day since we went on New Year's day. She finally figured out that the way to get what she wanted was to ask Pa (grandpa) if he'd take her. It was me and the girls with my parents on Friday, and then Tyler joined us on Saturday.

Ava's at that perfect age where the park is completely magical for her. Everything she sees is real in her eyes, and I can only imagine how that must feel to see a real pirate, hug THE Mickey Mouse, and watch a flying carpet soar right over her head.


Our first ride of the day - Ava and Lilly actually got to ride Dumbo! The line for this ride normally takes forever, but we managed to get there right when it opened. We spent the first day doing all little kid rides.




You have to be 40 inches to ride most of the big rides at Disneyland. Ava's got a few inches to go, but she can ride the Matterhorn and a little roller coaster in Toon Town. She was so brave that she even put her arms up!


Lilly loved just about everything she did, which is pretty normal for her. She's such a sweet little girl. She especially liked Small World.
Unfortunately, I forget my camera charger and the battery died not too long into our second day. Here are a few pics of the Jungle Boat Cruise.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun! I can't wait until Kaitlin and baby #2 are old enough to go.

angie said...

I didn't know you went to Disneyland this weekend - how fun! I was just wondering if James would like it - and I think the answer is - yes!

Anonymous said...

I long to see my cute little Ava and Lilly in Disneyland!!! Someday I really want to go with you so I can see the delight on their sweet faces. Next time you go, call me and I will meet you there!! Love Grammy