First of all, while I was thrilled to have a fantastic ski week in Park City that didn't include hospitalizations, I'm seriously starting to doubt our ability to travel to Utah during the winter without several visits to urgent care. Naomi had an eye, ear and possible sinus infection while we were up there so she was put on antibiotics.
Fast forward 7 days of treatment and I notice she has a small rash. Within a half hour the rash is starting to cover her body, and her arms and legs are swelling up. We rush to the pediatrician's office where they diagnosed her with an allergy to penicillin. I guess it runs in the family as my Grandpa Salvadalena had the same allergy.
Her treatment includes no penicillin for the rest of her life and 72 hours of high doses of Benedryl. She started walking pretty consistently while we were in Utah, but she's not very steady. Add to that the fact that she's essentially drunk on Benedryl and she's having it rough. She only wants to walk, but she can only take a few steps before she collapses. It's pretty frustrating for her, but kind of funny for us.
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment